Who are we?
Cornwall Healthy Schools are part of the Cornwall Council Wellbeing and Public Health Directorate.
We are part of the Cornwall Health Promotion Service and the Public Health Team.
Our vision is simple: to support schools throughout Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to raise attainment and achievement by improving health and wellbeing for pupils, staff, parents and carers in the wider school community.
We aim to achieve this through working together with school staff and our partners in the council, health service, voluntary sector etc. to offer a coherent and ‘joined up’ approach to effective, evidence-based wellbeing support in the school setting using a ‘Whole School Approach’.
- Individual school support for staff
- Training courses / workshops
- Advice / information /signposting
- Teaching resources
- Support for specific local / national wellbeing programmes that our schools are engaged in
This wide-ranging support is available to all schools in Cornwall free of charge.
Getting support from the team:
There are lots of ways to get support for your wellbeing work.
- Use this website, it's full of useful information and resources
- Sign up for our e-newsletter
- Use the contact us facility (at the top of every page on this website)
- Ring the office on 01209 313419
- Ask for a visit (one-to-one, or at a steering group or cluster or staff meeting).
- Email or telephone your School Support Worker:
|Locality 1 (plus Helston area, and inc IoS):||Cheryl Ellwoodfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Locality 2 (not Helston area):||Jilly Parkinsonemail@example.com|
|Locality 3:||Paula Chappellfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Locality 4 (including Wadebridge area):||Jen Cardemail@example.com|
|Locality 5:||Vacant Postfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Locality 6 (including Fowey and Lostwithiel):||Ree Saheidemail@example.com|