Cornwall Healthy School Award: Nutrition
Overarching Objective: Nutrition
To facilitate a healthy diet, encourage the development of positive eating behaviours, and educate students about the importance of nutrition for benefits to physical and mental health.
Successful coverage of this area must include information on:
- How you increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of school staff in nutrition
- How you raise the profile of nutrition across the school community
- How you promote and facilitate healthy choices in school
- How students are taught about nutrition
- How you meet the School Food Standards, stay updated with guidance, and ensure nutritious meals are provided in school
- The opportunities that are available to pupils to learn about cooking and growing both inside and outside of the classroom
- How healthy eating initiatives are embedded throughout school life
- How you consult with pupils to establish their thoughts and feelings about nutrition and how you act upon this
Please complete your nutrition review using this form. *please note that all four themes need a completed review in order for a school to attain Healthy School Status.
Completed Objective Example
You may use this example to guide your review section of the accreditation process.