20th February 2018
Our fantastic colleagues in the Cornwall Healthy Weight team have announced dates for their free programmes starting in April 2018, Falmouth and Penzance.
Healthy Weight 7-13 years is a healthy lifestyle programme, for children aged 7 to 13 who are above a healthy weight. It is essential that at least one parent/guardian attends the programme with their child, but the whole family are invited and encouraged to attend together.
- Each family will learn about nutrition, food groups, eating a balanced and healthy diet and look at different portion sizes to suit the whole family.
- We will look at how to read food labels, the importance of making healthier food choices and healthy shopping on a budget, as part of a supermarket tour.
- We will play lots of exciting games and activities together, to encourage your children to become more active
- We will have a practical cooking session to increase cooking skills and look at cooking healthy family meals on a budget
- You will have chance to chat to other parents and share experiences, while your kids are enjoying fun activities and making new friends
- Our main aim of all of our sessions is for everyone to have fun, make friends and enjoy the programme, to help increase confidence and self esteem
We ask that you attend a two hour session once a week, out of school hours, over 12 weeks.
The Falmouth course begins on Monday 16 April 2018, and the Penzance course begins on Tuesday 17 April 2018.
All of the support from the Cornwall Healthy Weight team is free. Please find more information or sign up for a course at www.cornwallhealthyweight.org.uk/join-in/booking-form or ring 01209 615600.
Falmouth poster for your school's newsletter, website or noticeboard
Penzance poster for your school's newsletter, website or noticeboard