30th October 2017
New Food in Schools Award and Competition
To celebrate two years of the Food in Schools Award this November, we are relaunching the award.
We felt it was a really good time to review the criteria and make sure it continues to be useful and accessible to all our Cornish schools. So, we’ve given it a bit of a face lift and we really hope you like it!
The Food in Schools Award continues to be a great way of showing youryou school’s commitment to a positive food culture, healthy eating, growing and cooking skills.
- Refreshed and updated criteria to reflect recent changes.
- There’s lLess criteria for you to evidence (always a good thing)
- , but Wwe’ve added an assessment visit to your school so that you have the opportunity to show us the fantastic work you’ve been doing.
- There’s a new-look award support handbook available.
- We’ve even updated the award itself with a newThere’s a new style of plaque, too!
What you need to know:
- The award is still free and lasts two years once awarded.
- Register and upload your evidence online via the Cornwall Healthy Schools website (www.cornwallhealthyschools.org.uk).
- Available for any primary or secondary setting in Cornwall.
- You can access free help, advice and support from your Healthy Schools Delivery Advisor.
- Free training is available to support your work towards the Food in Schools Award.
- The Food in Schools Award can also be used as part of your work towards a Healthy Schools Award! too!
- If you have already got the Food in Schools Award, we have saved a copy of theyour evidence you previously submitted if you would like it. But don’t worry; you don’t need to do anything!
- If you have partially completed some of the evidence using the online tool, we have saved a copy of this and can send it to you if you would like it. You will also see that some of your evidence has transferred over into the new system where it may still be relevant for the updated criteria, but do take a minute or two to have a look at it.
To celebrate the relaunch of the Food in Schools Award we’re holding a very special competition.
If your school achieves the Food in Schools Award during the academic year 2017-18 before Easter 2018, you will be entered into a prize draw to win one of two class sets of children’s Food in Schools aprons.
If you would like to know more about the Food in Schools Award and any of the training and support available, get in touch with us.
And make sure to take a look at our website where you can also register and get started on the award if you’ve not already – you can download the new award handbook too!