28th March 2018
Our fantastic colleagues in Cornwall Council’s Wellbeing and Public Health’s Cornwall Healthy Weight team have released information about one of their courses for 7 - 13 year olds due to take place in Falmouth, starting in April. Read on for more details:
Healthy Weight 7-13 years
- This is a FREE 12-week programme, with families required to attend once a week, for two hours (out of school hours).
- Educational lifestyle programme that focuses on the whole family making changes through positive behaviour change
- Families learn about nutrition, food groups, eating a balanced and healthy diet and portion sizes
- How to read and interpret food labels, importance of making healthier food choices and healthy shopping on a budget, as part of a supermarket tour
- Fun games and activities to encourage children to become more active
- Cooking sessions to increase cooking skills and cooking for families on a budget
- Fun and interactive sessions to help increase confidence and self esteem
- Individuals eligible to access this programme must be aged seven to 13 years old, live in Cornwall and be above a healthy weight
- It is essential that at least one parent/guardian attends the programme with the child but the whole family, including siblings, are invited and encouraged to attend together.
Next FREE 12 week course starts at Falmouth School, Falmouth on Mondays from 16 April 2018 - 5pm - 7pm
Families are very welcome to book themselves on to this course, and don’t need a referral from a healthcare professional.
Give them a call for more info via the Health Promotion Service on: 01209 615600 or see www.cornwallhealthyweight.org.uk