31st October 2018
Locality 4 Mini Newsletter: October
Newquay, Wadebridge, Padstow and St Austell
Locality Worker: Rebecca White
What I have been up to:
- Nanpean School invited me in to deliver a staff SUGAR SMART session. Thank you for having us and we hope you enjoyed it. I look forward to delivering more SUGAR SMART sessions to your pupils in November.
- I had a meeting with the school council lead at Foxhole Academy. The schools is now engaged with the Healthy Schools School Council Award and have arranged for us to deliver a Learner Participation Assembly at the end of the month. I really look forward to working with you this year!
- I presented Trenance Learning Academy with their Healthy School Award in their celebration assembly. Congratulations!
- I also presented St Kew Primary School with their Healthy School Award in their celebration Assembly. Congratulations!
- I delivered SUGAR SMART workshops to all of the KS2 classes in St Columb Major ACE Academy as part of their health week. I thoroughly enjoyed the week so thank you for inviting me in!
- The Healthy Cornwall team and Healthy Schools team worked together to offer family health checks and healthy eating advice at St Columb Major ACE Academy during the schools open afternoon.
- Par Running Track hosted the Go Run For Fun event which was open to all schools across the county. Well done to all schools who took part! It was great to see so many people enjoying the event!
- I had a meeting at Doubletrees School and left being so impressed with all the hard work that goes in to the running of the school. I am really looking forward to working with the school more closely over the next academic year to support them in achieving their Healthy School Award.
What I will be up to in November:
- Attending the PE and Sport Conference at Callywith College
- Delivering a Learner Participation Assembly at Bishop Bronsecombe School.
- Delivering SUGAR SMART assembles at Nanpean Primary School.
- Delivering a Staff Wellbeing Session at St Columb Minor ACE Academy.
- Presenting Healthy School Award Case Studies to the panel!
Upcoming Community Health Events in Locality 4:
Healthy Cornwall will be starting a Healthy Families programme in January at St Columb Major ACE Academy. For more details please visit the healthy weight website or email Michael at Michael.email@example.com
Locality 4 Schools:
Bishop Bronescombe CE Primary School
Carclaze Community Primary School
Charlestown Primary School
Foxhole Learning Academy
Goonhavern Primary School
Indian Queens Community Primary School
Mawgan-in-Pydar Community Primary School
Mevagissey Primary School
Mount Charles School
Nanpean Community Primary School
Newquay Junior Academy
Perranporth Community Primary School
Pondhu Primary School
Roche Community Primary School
Sandy Hill Academy
St Breock Academy
St Columb Major ACE Academy
St Columb Minor ACE Academy
St Dennis Academy
St Issey VA CE School
St Kew Community Primary School
St Mabyn CE School
St Merryn School
St Mewan Community Primary School
St Minver School
St Newlyn East Learning Academy
St Stephen Churchtown Academy
The Bishops CE Primary School
Trenance Learning Academy
Trevisker Community Primary School
Wadebridge Primary School
Poltair Community School and Sports College
Treviglas Community College
Alternative Provision Academies:
Locality 4 Support Worker Details:
Name: Rebecca White