11th January 2019
Locality 2 News
Camborne, Pool Redruth and The Lizard
Locality Worker: Jilly Parkinson
What I have been up to:
- Offering support for schools around increasing Physical Activity including those who want to engage in The Daily Mile or similar initiatives
- Reminding schools who want to work on their Pupil Voice to explore the new Learner Participation training and awards.
- I attended some really interesting training on the Sleep-Wise Programme around the importance of good sleep. If you are interested in finding out more about this for your pupils, contact me!
- At the Cognition and Learning Conference on 9th November, we delivered a Staff Wellbeing workshop which was really well received, thank you for those who attended. You can book a Staff Wellbeing twilight session for your school through me.
- We supported Landewednack School with an Online Safety Twilight which was really well received and returned to the school again a couple of weeks later to deliver our Building Confidence for Relationships and Sex Education twilight session. The school invited the Mullion School PSHE lead to attend. This worked really well and Mullion school can now see some of the support offered to their feeder primaries and are now planning to work together to further develop the training for both staff both through Cornwall Healthy Schools and the Speakeasy programme.
- I met with Trevithick Learning Academy to see how we can best support their health and wellbeing work. There are already some really exciting things going on around Physical Activity and we are going to be working in the new year on supporting them with SUGAR SMART.
- I delivered an Emotional Wellbeing parent and carers session at Crowan School which was really well received, including ideas to support the children in their care. Thank you to all those parents who attended, I really enjoyed the session.
- I visited Treloweth Primary School to support their TAs and Lunchtime Staff with ideas to encourage fun, inclusive Physical Activity during playtimes. We had a great time with plenty of opportunity to give the activities a go and had much fun with the skipping!
- I visited Rosemellin School to see how we can support them around Healthy Eating and they’re planning to attend the open SUGAR SMART training this month.
- I have also been in conversation with Pool Academy about how we can support their Health and Wellbeing work, watch this space!
- On 10th January I ran the last open ReSET workshop session in Camborne. I will still be offering the 2 hour twilight sessions for your school or MAT.
- I delivered a Whole School Approach to Good Mental Health Twilight at Crowan Primary School to support their EHWB focus and also to support their Healthy Schools Award. We are also planning some SUGAR SMART work there in the early spring as well as at Landewednack and Trevithick Schools.
- I shall also be delivering an RSE twilight at Kehelland and the whole Cornwall Healthy Schools team are supporting me with Whole School Approach to Good Mental Health twilight at Camborne Science and International Academy!
Do get in touch if you would like to know how to gain a Healthy Schools Award or would like any information, support or training in any of the above, I’m here to help!
Locality 2 Schools:
Coverack CP School
Cury CE Primary
Grade Ruan C of E Primary
Kehelland Village School
Landewednack CP School
Mullion CP School
Roskear Primary and Nursery School
St Day and Carharrack Community School
St John the Baptist Catholic Primary School
St Keverne Primary
St Meriadoc CE Nursery Infant Academy
St Meriadoc C of E Junior Academy
Stithians CP School
Treleigh CP School
Trevithick Learning Academy
Trewergie Infants and Nursery School
Trewergie Junior School
Troon CP School
Weeth CP School
Camborne Science and International Academy
Alternative Provision Academies:
The Community and Hospital Education Service (CHES)
Locality 2 Support Worker Details:
Name: Jilly Parkinson
Phone: 07826 902284