4th February 2019
Safer Internet Day 2019
Safer Internet Day 2019 will take place on Tuesday 5th February with the theme ‘Together for a better internet'.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the celebration sees hundreds of schools and organisations join together to raise awareness of online safety issues and run events and activities right across the UK.
The Safer Internet Centre have produced some great resources to support schools and parents in highlighting the importance of staying safe online - visit their website for more information.
Growing Up in a Digital World Training:
We can offer closed training held in your school during a twilight session or INSET day on Online Safety, and we can also offer a one hour training session for parents.
'Growing Up in a Digital World' training will enable you to:
- Think about the ways young people are using technology
- Identify important aspects of online safety
- Signpost reliable sources of lesson plans to use in school
- Support and report – for a child in your care and to keep yourself safe as a professional
Suitable for primary schools and secondary schools. Contact us and your Healthy Schools Delivery Advisor will get in touch to discuss dates to suit you.
Thinkuknow Introduction Course - Child Exploitation and Online Protection
The Thinkuknow Introduction course covers:
- Introduction to CEOP and Reporting
- Children and Young People Online
- Online Sexual Abuse
- Nude Selfies: What Professionals Need to Know
- The Thinkuknow Resources
This course is aimed at professionals who work directly with children and young people, including:
- Youth workers
- Social workers
- Police officers
- Child Protection professionals
For more information on the CEOP - Thinkuknow training, and to find upcoming dates and locations available please check out our training page by clicking here