15th January 2018
The Daily Mile
Public Health Cornwall and Cornwall Healthy Schools are encouraging every primary school in Cornwall to incorporate a walk/jog/run for a mile a day from the 15th January 2018.
The aim of The Daily Mile is to improve the physical, social, emotional and mental health and wellbeing of our children - regardless of age, ability or personal circumstances.
It is a profoundly simple but effective concept, which any primary or nursery school can implement completely free of charge and without the need for staff training. Its impact can be transformational - improving not only the children's fitness, but also their concentration levels, mood, behaviour and general wellbeing.
The Daily Mile works because it is simple and free!
- It takes place over just 15 minutes, with children averaging a mile each day.
- Children run outside in the fresh air - and the weather is a benefit, not a barrier
- There's no set up, tidy up, or equipment required
- Children run in their uniforms so no kit or changing is needed
- It is social, non-competitive fun
- It is fully inclusive; every child, whatever their circumstances, age or ability, succeeds at The Daily Mile
Register your school at www.thedailymile.co.uk/register