What We Do
Cornwall Healthy Schools is a health improvement programme designed to support schools to develop an ethos and environment that enhances learning, promotes the health and wellbeing, and consults and encourages participation of all within the school community.
Cornwall Healthy Schools is placed within Healthy Cornwall and is part of the Cornwall Council Wellbeing and Public Health Service. We therefore have a duty to improve the health and wellbeing of the county's population. The Cornwall Healthy Schools programmes specifically seeks to improve the health and wellbeing across the education sector by working with and supporting schools on a 1 to 1 basis across the county.
Our vision is to support schools across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to raise attainment and achievement by improving health and wellbeing for pupils, staff, parents and carers in the wider school community. We aim to achieve this through working together with school staff and our partners in the council, health service and voluntary sector to offer a coherent approach to effective, evidence-based wellbeing support in the school setting using a 'whole school approach'.
- Healthy School Award accreditation
- School specific health and wellbeing support
- Free health and wellbeing training courses and workshops for school staff
- ReSET (Resilience and Self-Esteem Toolkit) teaching resource for school staff
- Advice, information and signposting to specific local and national wellbeing programmes and resources that schools can engage with