Cornwall Healthy School Award: PSHE
Overarching Objective: PSHE
To facilitate a whole school approach in the delivery of PSHE within the current guidance.
Successful coverage of this area must include information on the following sub objectives:
- How you increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of school staff in PSHE
- How you raise the profile of PSHE activity across the school community
- The RSE Curriculum covers: families and people who care for me, caring relationships, respectful relationships including friendships, online relationships, being safe. (Secondary schools to include: intimate and sexual relationships including sexual health)
- The Health Education Curriculum covers: internet safety and harms, physical health and fitness, healthy eating, drugs alcohol and tobacco, health promotion, first aid, changing adolescent body
- How you use external agencies to the school to support this area
- How you consult with pupils and families to establish their thoughts and feelings about PSHE and how you act upon this
Please complete your PSHE review using this form. *please note that all four themes need a completed review in order for a school to attain Healthy School Status.
Characteristics of best practice: PSHE
You may use these characteristics to help guide your review and/or plan stages of the accreditation process.
Completed Objective Example:
You may use this example to guide your review section of the accreditation process.
- About Us
- Our AwardsEngaged & involved
- PSHERisk managing
- Physical ActivityTime To Move
- Food in SchoolsPart of Food & Cornwall
- TrainingAnd resources