Cornwall Healthy Schools is delighted to be working with RCHT, the Cornwall Council Public Health Team & Public Health England to support e-Bug in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
e-Bug is a free educational resource that makes learning about micro-organisms, the spread, prevention and treatment of infection fun and accessible for all students from KS1 - KS5.
e-Bug Cornwall could form part of your work towards your Healthy Schools award.
Global Handwashing Day
Annually, October 15th marks a day where school children across the world unite and focus their attention on handwashing and may present a good way to introduce the e-Bug resources into your school. HPS Information and Resource Centre (IRC) has some great resources to support this work including the ever popular hand washing kits with the UV box and the UV cream to check just how well we wash our hands!
Children who so often are energetic, enthusiastic and open to new ideas, can act as agents of change by taking the handwashing lessons learned at school back into their homes and communities. Global Handwashing Day aims to motivate children to embrace and share proper handwashing practices and to take on the role of handwashing ambassadors.
Educational settings provide an ideal environment in which to communicate with children about the importance of personal hygiene and motivate them to share handwashing-promotion messages with their friends and families.
The resources listed on the Global Handwashing Day site have been developed in association with teaching and healthcare professionals and are in line with educational frameworks.
Why is hand washing important?
Schools are a haven of harmful microbes that spread rapidly from child to child via touch. Colds and flu are the most common illnesses in the classroom and perhaps among the most contagious. Washing your hands is one of the best ways to STOP harmful microbes from spreading and prevent yourself becoming ill.
Dettol have produced the Planet Health education programme for children aged 3 to 7 years, which is designed to help young children develop healthy habits, both at school and at home, for a happy life.
This programme is part of Dettol's Mission for Health: a mission to promote a healthier environment in the home, in the community and beyond.
Planet Health includes teaching resources, a hand-washing song and the Play Ideas game generator. To find out more, go to Dettol - Planet Health School Programme
- PSHERisk managing
- Emotional health and wellbeing
- Resilience and Self Esteem Toolkit (ReSET)
- Whole School Approach to Good Mental Health
- SHEU pupil health-related behaviour survey
- Self Harm - Support for Schools
- Staff Wellbeing
- RSPH Youth Health Champions
- Stress, Anxiety and Mindfulness
- STOP Stigma - Mental Health Resource for Schools
- Transgender Information and Support
- Physical ActivityTime To Move
- Cornwall Healthy Schools Physical Activity Offer
- Childhood Physical Activity Participation
- The Relationship Between Physical Activity and Mental Health
- Girls and Physical Activity
- The Daily Mile
- Time 2 Move: PE and School Sport Framework
- Campaigns and Resources
- Primary Sport Premium
- Active Fundraising Events
- Dates for the Calendar
- Useful Links
- Food in SchoolsPart of Food & Cornwall
- FamiliesEngaged & involved
- TrainingAnd resources