Healthy Relationships and Sex Education - new training from Healthy Schools
The new Government guidance for Healthy Relationships and Sex Education passed into law in April 2019. This requires that:
- Primary schools deliver Healthy Relationships Education (with a strong recommendation that age- and stage-appropriate sex education will also be taught)
- Secondary Schools deliver Healthy Relationships and Sex Education
Here at Healthy Schools we have completely redesigned our training offer, to ensure that it will support schools in key areas of work around HR&SE.
Our training now offers modules which schools can choose, to reflect their own priorities:
- Introductory session
- Healthy Relationships
- Gender and Transgender
- Secondary RSE
- Answering Tricky Questions
These modules can be delivered as part of an INSET day or as a twilight session. For your session, we recommend the Introductory session as a starting point, followed by one or two other modules of your choice. Remaining modules can be delivered at your request.
The modules are not linked to any particular set of external resources. Instead, they focus on the underpinning confidence and skills that are need by anyone involved in the delivery of HR&SE. This will enable you to ensure that lessons feel safe for pupils and staff. We encourage schools to invite TA's and governors to their sessions, as well as teachers.
We aim to help school staff to develop skills to deliver an inclusive and positive programme that will equip pupils to make healthy, safe choices.
If you would like to know more, contact the Healthy Schools team for information and support:
Ring the Healthy Cornwall office on 01209 615600 and speaking to a member of our team.
- Send a email or telephone your Healthy Schools Delivery Advisor to discuss anything you would like answering.
- PSHERisk managing
- Emotional health and wellbeing
- Resilience and Self Esteem Toolkit (ReSET)
- Whole School Approach to Good Mental Health
- Staff Wellbeing
- SHEU pupil health-related behaviour survey
- Self Harm - Support for Schools
- Stress and Anxiety
- STOP Stigma - Mental Health Resource for Schools
- Physical ActivityTime To Move
- Food in SchoolsPart of Food & Cornwall
- CommunityEngaged & involved
- TrainingAnd resources