THINK! Road Safety Lessons
THINK! have produced 25 lesson plans that will help teach children and teenagers a range of road safety topics. The lesson packs are colour coded by key stage and age range, from Reception to Key Stage Four. Each lesson pack contains a lesson plan, links to road safety teaching resources, and activities; everything you need to plan and deliver effective road safety education.These resources are not limited to classroom use and it is anticipated that they will be used by anyone with responsibility for educating children and teenagers on road safety, including road safety officers, police and fire officers, out of school leaders, and parents.
The lesson plans can be accessed on the THINK! website, by following this link. It may be worthwhile having a look at the other resources you can obtain from the THINK! website, such as child friendly highway codes and posters to promote road safety, which you can order to your school or setting via this link.
First Steps is an interactive early learning resource designed to teach vital road safety skills to children aged between four and seven years old. The resource allows pupils to re-create and practice crossing the road in a safe environment and learn the important message of Stop, Look, Listen, Think!
The First Steps Kit comes with detailed instructions on how to use the resource, teaching notes, posters, leaflets, stickers and information for parents. The various components for teaching the children include a set of uniforms for the children to dress up in depicting the Police, a Traffic Warden and School Crossing Patrol. These not only offer the chance for role play but also provide opportunities for children to learn who can help them cross the road safely. In addition, First Steps includes a pavement (consisting of two lengths of white plastic), a miniature zebra crossing, two miniature belisha beacons and a miniature set of pelican crossing lights.
First Steps is available free of charge - further information and an outline of how to borrow the resource, is available via this link.
- PSHERisk managing
- Emotional health and wellbeing
- Resilience and Self Esteem Toolkit (ReSET)
- Whole School Approach to Good Mental Health
- SHEU pupil health-related behaviour survey
- Self Harm - Support for Schools
- Staff Wellbeing
- RSPH Youth Health Champions
- Stress, Anxiety and Mindfulness
- STOP Stigma - Mental Health Resource for Schools
- Transgender Information and Support
- Physical ActivityTime To Move
- Cornwall Healthy Schools Physical Activity Offer
- Childhood Physical Activity Participation
- The Relationship Between Physical Activity and Mental Health
- Girls and Physical Activity
- The Daily Mile
- Time 2 Move: PE and School Sport Framework
- Campaigns and Resources
- Primary Sport Premium
- Active Fundraising Events
- Dates for the Calendar
- Useful Links
- Food in SchoolsPart of Food & Cornwall
- FamiliesEngaged & involved
- TrainingAnd resources