This Girl Can
This Girl Can is a national campaign developed by Sport England and a wide range of partnership organisations.The campaign was the first of its kind to celebrate women and girls of all shapes, sizes and levels of ability getting active in all their sweaty, jiggly glory. The results have been remarkable.
The ambition is about empowering women and breaking down the barriers that are stopping women and girls getting active. Its formula is to show real women and girls playing sport and getting active, the message is clear: it is OK to sweat, it's OK to jiggle, it's OK not to be brilliant or to be brilliant and it's normal for life to get in the way sometimes.
To find out more about this great campaign please visit their website.
This Girl Can In Your School
Sport England has worked with the Association for Physical Education to produce a range of resources to support the campaign in schools. All resources are free and openly available to schools from the This Girl Can website.
The This Girl Can resource for schools aims to support the campaign in the school environment. The resource helps to promote girls and women's physical activity and addresses the key emotional and mental barriers that hold women and girls back.
The school resource includes:
- Six themed workshops focused on the campaigns emotional themes and featuring flexible and interactive tasks.
- Hints and tips to help staff and students actively implement the workshop ideas.
Help the women and girls in your school say “This girl can – so can I!”. Cornwall Healthy Schools are offering training for primary and secondary schools with the aim to help schools embed the This Girl Can resource and values into their schools settings. It is hoped that participants of the 2 hour training session will be able to:
- Gain an insight of the This Girl Can campaign
- Develop an understanding to why some Women and Girls struggle to be physically active
- Identify what a school can do to help increase physical activity levels of women and girls
- Feel confident to deliver the This Girl Can resource in school
Healthy Schools will be more than happy to hold this session upon request of schools. Please speak to your delivery adviser for me details or contact us at email@example.com