Cornwall Healthy School Award: Physical Activity
Overarching Objective: Physical Activity
To facilitate 30 minutes of physical activity a day, encourage the development of active lifestyles, and educate students about the importance of physical activity and its benefits to general wellbeing, including mental health.
Review: Physical Activity
Successful coverage of this area must include information on the following sub objectives:
- How you increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of school staff in physical activity
- How you raise the profile of PE, sport and physical activity across the school community
- How you encourage all pupils to engage in a broad range of physical activities
- The opportunities that are available to pupils to be active, both inside and outside of the classroom
- Promotion of active travel
- How you consult with pupils to establish their thoughts and feelings about physical activity and how you act upon this
Characteristics of best practice: Physical Activity
You may use these characteristics to help guide your review and/or plan stages of the accreditation process.
Completed Objective Example:
You may use this example to guide your review section of the accreditation process.