Out of school care settings have an important role to play in encouraging more children and young people to be active. Developing a physical activity programme in an out of school club should provide children and young people with opportunities to:
- Be more active, whether that’s running about letting off steam, informal play, allowing them to practice their skills or something more structured
- Try out a wide range of activities that appeal to children across the age range
- Take part in competitive games or activity themed events
- Build links with community based organisations, e.g. sports clubs, to create opportunities for ongoing participation
- Mix with other children and young people
- ‘Have a go’ at doing something new
- Take responsibility in leading an activity/game or group of younger children
What to expect from our training:
We’ll discuss how to get the children in your school active and playing games together; at lunchtimes, wet break or in a breakfast or after school club. You even get chance to try some of the ideas out for yourself! Participants will receive the BHF Active Club resource FREE of charge, which contains over a hundred activity cards, templates and further ideas to enable you to run your own Active Club at school. By the end of the day you’ll be itching to put it all into practice! To find out when the next available training is or to book onto the training please visit our training page, and remember…don't forget your trainers!
Previous Training Sessions:
Quotes from Active Club training on 25.6.14
"Very good (training), the best fitness club course I've been on (and I've been on lots this year). I enjoyed the activities and find the resources and info useful."
"I really enjoyed this and would recommend to other TA/lunch assistants."
"This course is excellent. Having a pack full of ideas and getting to try out some of the games was fun."
"I haven't done skipping for years - I'd forgotten how much fun it is - except my feet won't do Double Dutch these days!"
"Really enjoyed the course...was buzzing with ideas!"
"Lovely course. Good fun."