This Girl Can in your school
Sport England has worked with the Association for Physical Education to produce a range of resources to support the This Girl Can campaign in schools. All resources are free and openly available to schools from the This Girl Can website.
The This Girl Can resource for schools aims to support the campaign in the school environment. The resource helps to promote girls and women's physical activity and addresses the key emotional and mental barriers, including self-esteem and body image, that hold women and girls back.
The school resource includes:
- Six themed workshops focused on the campaigns emotional themes and featuring flexible and interactive tasks.
- Hints and tips to help staff and students actively implement the workshop ideas.
Help the women and girls in your school say “This girl can – so can I!”. Cornwall Healthy Schools are offering training for primary and secondary schools with the aim to help schools embed the This Girl Can resource and values into their schools settings. It is hoped that participants of the 2 hour training session will be able to:
- Gain an insight of the This Girl Can campaign
- Develop an understanding to why some Women and Girls struggle to be physically active
- Identify what a school can do to help increase physical activity levels of women and girls
- Feel confident to deliver the This Girl Can resource in school
Healthy Schools will be more than happy to hold this session upon request of schools. Please speak to your delivery adviser for me details or contact us at email@example.com