The Daily Mile
Join the Movement!
The aim of The Daily Mile is to improve the physical, social, emotional and mental health and wellbeing of our children - regardless of age, ability or personal circumstances.
It is a profoundly simple but effective concept, which any primary or nursery school can implement completely free of charge and without the need for staff training. Its impact can be transformational - improving not only the children's fitness, but also their concentration levels, mood, behaviour and general wellbeing.
Research has shown that The Daily Mile can even increase attainment in primary school, and parents have reported an increased interest in health and wellbeing from their children after they have started The Daily Mile.
The Daily Mile team want every child to have the opportunity to do a daily mile at primary school, and are now working to build a The Daily Mile community with schools, local councils, sports bodies and other supporters in the UK and beyond!
The Daily Mile works because it is simple and free:
1. It takes place over just 15 minutes, with children averaging a mile each day.
2. Children run outside in the fresh air - and the weather is a benefit, not a barrier
3. There's no set up, tidy up, or equipment required
4. Children run in their uniforms so no kit or changing is needed
5. It is social, non-competitive fun
6. It is fully inclusive; every child, whatever their circumstances, age or ability, succeeds at The Daily Mile
If you would like to sign up your school for The Daily Mile and to access free resources please visit The Daily Mile website.