Wise Exercise Week For Primary Schools
Build Health, Build Character and Help To Create Longer Lives
Cornwall Healthy Schools encourage all primary schools in the county to promote at least 60 Minutes of Physical Activity a day for their pupils. To help primary schools promote to pupils the many benefits of being active for at least 60 minutes a day, Cornwall Healthy Schools have organised a Wise Exercise Week (WEW) for schools to take part in whenever best suits them, throughout the year.
The main goal of Wise Exercise Week is to provide fun and inclusive physical activity opportunities for all members of the community. Wise Exercise Week will hopefully help schools to create awareness of physical activity in their communities, with a hope it will have a lasting effect on the pupils, families and communities.
...is coming soon!!
The Cornwall Healthy Schools Team will help schools to organise WEW in their setting by being on hand for advice and guidance before and during the week.
In addition to this, there will soon be a freely assessable resource which will include:
- Ideas of how to engage families and the wider community throughout the week
- Fun and inclusive practical physical activity ideas for pupils to take part in throughout the week
- Ideas of how to get active in the classroom
- Certificates for pupils who complete/take part in 60 minutes of physical activity a day (Mon-Fri)
- A challenge chart for individual pupils and classes
Are you already doing something similar in your school?
If your school has proven work in promoting 60 minutes of physical activity a day we would love to hear about it so we can add them to our resource for all schools to see! Please let your Healthy Schools Delivery Advisor know about your great ideas!