Cornwall Healthy School Award: Emotional Health and Wellbeing
Overarching Objective: Emotional Health and Wellbeing
To facilitate a whole school culture as a mentally healthy school via the teaching about mental health and emotional wellbeing, in order to keep pupils safe, promote an understanding of pupils’ own emotions as well as those of other people, and the development of healthy coping strategies.
Review: Emotional Health and Wellbeing (EHWB)
Successful coverage of this area must include information on the following sub objectives:
- How you increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of school staff in EHWB
- How you raise the profile of EHWB activity across the school community
- How you teach children to describe emotions, talk about anxiety and worries, and develop coping strategies
- How you use external agencies to the school to support this area
- How you support staff wellbeing
- Information about targeted support available to your students
- How you consult with pupils to establish their thoughts and feelings about emotional health and wellbeing and how you act upon this
Please complete your emotional health and wellbeing review using this form. *please note that all four themes need a completed review in order for a school to attain Healthy School Status.
Completed Objective Example:
You may use this example to guide your review section of the accreditation process.